Thursday, January 24, 2013

Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Ok so I know this isn't a recipe blog, and it isn't going to become one. But because of a food project I'm going to post in the coming weeks I figured I might as well post this here instead of the family blog. Mostly I'm posting per request of my friend. I made these this morning and she requested the recipe. So here it is. The reason I love this recipe is because it makes a TON of muffins. We go through muffins fast, like a whole dozen in less than an hour. This recipe makes enough for my munchkins to munch on all day, and still leave me some to squirrel away in the freezer for when I have chocolate craving I pull one out at a time. And on top of all that it has zucchini in it, so I can pretend that they have some healthy benefits for me despite all the chocolate :D I also tend to have a million zucchini in the summer and have taken to freezing it shredded in 2 cup portions during the summer months so I can use it for recipes like this in the winter months ;D






4 C flour
1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 C oil
1 1/2 C milk
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 C shredded zucchini
1 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips

1. Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk. Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients.

2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl with a wooden spoon.

3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir, just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

4. Line your muffin tin or spray with non-stick spray and fill a bit more than 2/3 of the way full.

5. Bake at 350° for 17 minutes. Makes 3 + dozen muffins.

No comments: